Tuesday, January 3, 2017

BoB 18: Day 1

Bout of Books 18


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is hosted by Amanda @ On a Book Bender & Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It runs from January 2nd to January 8th. "For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog."

Day 1 

Challenge: Introduce Yourself #insixwords


"Belly dancing bookworm who loves hiking." :)

Bonus: Share a picture of your smiling face or your bookshelves! (I did both!)



Excuse the dark circles
Reading Progress

Pages read: 46 pages from Newes from the Dead; 21% (36% to 57%) of The Martian
Time listened: 3 hours and 24 minutes of The Winter Witch
Books finished: 0
Reviews written: 0

My Thoughts

Had a rough start of the day. I decided to do some cleaning up that had been neglected for a few months in my room. It took longer than what I was expecting. Luckily, I was able to listen to my audiobook while I was working. 

Though I didn't finish any books today, I did get some reading done. To me, that's an accomplishment since I don't read as fast as I used to due to my lack of focus since I went back to school.

Also, I got to participate for the first time in the BoB chat. That was crazy! I usually don't do Twitter because, honestly, I don't see a point to it, so I was not used to the bombardment of Tweets. However, I did have a good time reading and trying to respond to people's Tweets. 

How did your first day go? 

8 comments:

  1. You're doing good for the first day. I only managed 20 pages. I was hosting friends at home and my hubby returned from holiday, so distractions galore! Here's hoping we can smash out lots more pages in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Company can really damper your reading! lol But hey! You got some reading done :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! I'm glad you could participate in a chat! They are crazy but lots of fun! And great job getting so much reading and listening done while doing other things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are working on 3 books, that's great! I have been meaning to read Martian for a while, it sounds so interesting....and a little scary. Good luck on day two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inability to focus right now has me going back and forth between books. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy reading to you!! Good luck with your reading goals this round of BOB. I am having a blast so far and have just finished my first book around 2pm... It's wet and rainy up here in the Bay Area, which has made it easy to stay indoors and focus on reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! I love rainy days! They are perfect for reading :)

      Delete