Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays #97


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



My Teasers:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/The_Lost_Hero_210.jpg

"Leo remembered looking over his mother's shoulder at the flames curling around his blankets. Only years later had he realized he'd been sleeping in a blazing fireplace."

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

I am currently reading this book with a student. I haven't read the Percy Jackson books but this book makes me want to read them. 
 

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1318936579l/12875355.jpg
"We have all sinned, Mr. Darcy, and we cannot look for mercy without showing it in our lives."

Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James

I had to read this book since I love Pride and Prejudice. So far I am enjoying it.

What is your teaser?

6 comments:

  1. OOoh intriguing teasers!! Both are new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two completely different genres but they are both intriguing :)

      Delete
  2. I particularly like the teaser from The Lost Hero. Did you know they've been showing Death Comes to Pemberley on PBS recently? Thanks for coming by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed the show. Makes me want to finish the book quickly so I can watch the series. Now I need to figure out how to watch it from the beginning.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the Percy Jackson books either. I love the movies though and hope they make a third one. Mr. Darcy is one of my favorite book boyfriends of all time.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      Yes, Mr. Darcy is a wonderful book boyfriend. *sigh*

      Delete