Sunday, December 1, 2013

2013: November Wrap-Up & December's Plans


What another eventful month. Not only was I able to spend time and stuff myself with delicious food over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I started the month with a full week of dancing. I had 16 hours of dance workshops with an amazing master dancer from Cairo and we had a huge show at a Mediterranean restaurant to honor him. Here are some pictures:




With everything going on, I did get a few reads accomplished:




1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (re-read as audio) 5 stars (review)
2. Face by Cecile Pineda 3 stars (review)
3. Blood Yellow by Ashley Nemer 4 stars (review)
4. SIA by Josh Grayson 4.5 stars (review)
5. Cruentus: Rise to Power by L.S. Broomfield 4.5 stars (review)


PLANS FOR DECEMBER:

It's the last month of the year and I really need to concentrate on reviews that are due and try to finish the challenges that I signed up. So, here's what I hope to read:

1. What Once Was One by Marc Johnson (leftover from November)
2. The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti (audio leftover from November)
3. Desire by B.L. Wilde
4. Into the Deep by Missy Fleming
5. Cassie Scot: ParaNormal Detective by Christine Amsden
6.  Dragon Fire by Dina Von Lowenkraft
7. CREDARA: Rise of the Kraylen by J E Henderson
8. The Trap by Andrew Fukuda

In order to help me concentrate with my reads, I am participating in Juliababyjen's End of the Year 2013 Reading Cram Read-A-Thon as well as my second annual Last Minute Read-A-Thon!!!

To participate in the Reading Cram you can click here.



I will be posting a sign-up soon for my read-a-thon, so be on the look out!


What did you read in November? What are your plans for the last month of 2013?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I loved Outlander! I hear that the audio is good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was a different experience listening to it.

      Delete
  2. What a good looking group of dancers!! Which one is you? --Good luck on the read-a-thons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! First picture on top, I'm the fourth one from the right on the bottom row. The picture on the left, I'm the second one on the left, and the last picture I'm the first one on the right.

      Delete
  3. Wow your dancing pictures look so cool. Love the costumes. I will come back and check out you last minute read athon when you have it all set up. Thanks for checking out my Monthly Wrap up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the pics!
    I was glad to see that you read Sia and liked it as much as I did!
    I will be looking for your review of Cassie Scot, I read it and thought it was pretty good. I think I gave it a 3 or 3.5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we agreed on SIA; let's see how I feel about Cassie Scot.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete