Monday, April 22, 2013

LA Times Festival of Books 2013


Every year I make time to go to my favorite festival, The Festival of Books! I love going there because you are surrounded by people that love books, books are everywhere, authors are there to talk to you and sign your books, there are awesome shows, there are celebrities, and there's a lot of free sh*t!

Last year, I got the chance to meet my favorite author, Anne Rice. This year I was able to meet with two other great authors:
With Christina Schwarz, author of Drowning Ruth

With Lisa See, author of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

I went on Sunday and luckily the day was not as hot as the previous two days. I got to enjoy all of the booths and was able to buy books from new coming authors. Just going to this festival makes me all giddy inside.

I can't wait to see who I'll get to meet next year. Only 355 days for the next festival!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Vonnie, you look so good in those pictures! I loved "Drowning Ruth" BTW!

    So I hear that you and my daughter are really hitting it off! That's great. I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, your daughter and I are hitting it off. Thank you for introducing us :)

      Delete
  2. We probably passed each other sometime on Sunday. I went both days, but Sunday was my lazy day, since I was only aiming for two signings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to go both days but I had mandatory rehearsal all day on Saturday. Maybe next year we can meet each other?

      Delete